Current Favorite Quote :)

"Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
General George S. Patton

Sunday, March 23, 2008

my testimony

This isn't going to be the typical Easter blog but I couldn't go another second without saying what's on my mind and in my heart.
I haven't been more full of the Spirit in a very long time, and maybe even EVER in my whole life. I almost don't even have the words to express this wonderful feeling. It's happiness unlike anything I have ever felt. It's peaceful and comforting. I have gotten on my knees several times today...looking for answers. I was prompted to read the scriptures - a section that is very special to me. I wondered why...because it is a section I know well and read often (just recently read actually). After following these promptings, I realized the answer to one of todays prayers. What an amazing thing! I wish these letters I am typing could show the actual feeling behind them. I am so thankful for that communication between Heavenly Father and I...because it is such a delicate and precious thing. I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that He loves and knows us. He wants us to communicate with Him and He does answer our prayers. I am so thankful for the scriptures and for the amazing stories of courage and strength that are found within them. I am tremendously grateful for the priesthood and for those that I know and love who honor it. The priesthood is one of the most important things to have in a home. I know that the Savior suffered and died for us. He knows our pains and was willing to suffer for us so that we might make righteous decisions and return home to the presence of our Father in Heaven. They want us to be happy! I know that these things are true. I know that because I have felt and experienced them. I say these things in the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: