Current Favorite Quote :)

"Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
General George S. Patton

Saturday, April 12, 2008

i'm kinda grumpy


It has been such a long day and i have a lot on my mind. I have been thinking about the act of LYING. I have been watching some kidos lately and it has brought up this subject for me. My nephew has told me a couple little lies but not big ones. Not that it makes it ok....but you know....the little white lies that everybody told when they wanted to get out of trouble when they were little. But now I'm thinking about the bigger kind. The hurtful kind. I swear...people just can't tell the truth these days!!! I have been through enough already that i don't need people to lie to not hurt my feelings. I would SO much rather you tell me the truth than lie! And yes...by not saying anything...it is almost the same thing. Sometimes worse. "lying is done with words and also with silence." (Adrienne rich) I mean...if a friend came up to you and said 'i ran over your dog with my car' you would be hurt. But if they DIDN'T tell you that they did and you friggin found out....you would be upset about your dog and probably royally disappointed in your friend. I don't understand why this happens to me so many times! I think i trust people too easily. My mom tells me all the time that i tend to call my clients 'friends'. She said that i include most people in my 'friend' category. I'm sorry though...lying is where i draw the line. It is the ultimate disrespect for me. I swear...i can deal with ANYTHING...except for lying. You could punch me in the face and i could get over it. If you friggin lie to me...you don't get a second chance. That may seem harsh but i have really had it. Lying is so childish and...other than the little white lies that my nieces and nephews will tell....i swear i won't tolerate the other stuff. Bottom line....if you don't want to tell me the truth....don't bother trying to communicate with me. What a waste of time. GRRR! haha. I feel so much better now.

No comments: