Current Favorite Quote :)

"Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
General George S. Patton

Friday, November 21, 2008

An early thanksgiving:)

I've been a little stressed and overwhelmed these days. Lots of things going on. I hate the feeling of a little cloud hanging over me so I've been trying to count my blessings. One specific thing keeps coming to mind. Actually it's several things but...you'll understand in a second. I am so thankful for the people in my life that lift me up and make me stronger through their examples. (FYI-that sentence was so hard to type with tears in my eyes!) I have been so blessed to know these people. Family, friends, clients. People who have overcome physical challenges. Some have overcome spiritual challenges. Some just wake up and try their hardest to be happy, even when going through the most difficult trials one could face. Some keep an eternal perspective. Some just smile. Their stories are like a kick in the butt for me. Like little reminders to keep moving forward but also to slow down and to love & enjoy things. I won't go into detail about their specific stories because we would be here all day. Most of these people may not know I look up to them. But....I do. I hope to absorb their wonderful qualities so that I can be a better example to others:)

1 comment: